Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Banana Bread


Banana Bread
In my quest to put all my recipes in one place I cannot forget my famous banana bread. It comes from an old Roberts Dairy Cookbook. Roberts Dairy is a Midwest thing I think. They produced all kinds of milk products and eggs. My mom bought me this cook book. the page that has the recipe is dirty and stained. I have been making this bread for more than 30 years and it has served me well. Freezes good too.

2 bananas, mashed
3 T. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. chopped walnuts



Combine mashed bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Sift dry ingredients together; add sugar and banana mixture and beat until smooth and well blended. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 8x4x3 loaf pan or 3 smaller pans. Bake at 350 for about one hour, 30-40 minutes for smaller pans.
note: I used the oldest yuckiest bananas I have.












2 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

This is a great recipe to use up those super ripe bananas!

Sarah Lake said...

I would love to ask you a question about this, can you send me an email to slake@envoyinc.com so I can get a hold of you? Thanks for this great post!