Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goof Troop Meeting



Friday night the goof troop got together and a good time was had by all!

I got to try my new salad idea on them and if I say so myself it was yummy and pretty.

Very fast and easy to put together and it is a powerhouse of the healthiest foods available.

I first got the idea from my friend Martha Stewart. I have coffee with her everyday you know! She was creating a salad with spinach and boiled potato cubes that she fried up in olive oil to crisp them then she put some eggs and other stuff. I opened my fridge pulled out the spinach and saw the sweet potatoes I got all tingly inside and knew I was about to create something special. I laid out a bed of spinach on a platter, peeled, diced and boiled the sweet potato for 4 minutes no longer (then you get mush). Drained the sweet potatoes and sauted them in olive oil till crispy and then drained them on a paper towel. I then scattered them on the bed of spinach. On top of this I put shredded carrot and red onion that I sauteed in the same olive oil pan as the sweet potatoes.

I then sprinkled this with blueberries which have been realy big and juicy. I topped all this with a rasberry vinagrette. The result is a sweet and savory explosion in every bite. Walnuts would be a great addition and toss some salmon on it and you have a very healthy meal with all the best foods

No comments: