Saturday, March 7, 2009

Molasses Cookies

I was feeling old fashioned today and decided I needed to make a good old fashioned cookie. Looking in the pantry I spied a nice jar of molasses that looked a little lonely.
Mikayla my help for the day and I got started and within 30 minutes we were tasting the fruits of our labor. Soft and yummy these will not last long.

Molasses Cookies

3/4 cup butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1/4 cup molasses

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp cloves

1/2 tsp ginger

1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar, and egg together well add molasses. Combine flour, with the rest of the ingredients . Gradually add to creamed mixture, blending well. Shape dough by spoon fulls into balls and roll in sugar. I used Sugar in the raw. It has larger granules and a molasses type flavor. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Yields 3-5 dozen depending on how big you roll the balls. Give them plenty of room because they spread out as they bake

No comments: