Last Sunday the family gathered for diner and I had one more bag of apples in the freezer. Our apple tree produces well everyother year and '08 was it.
I really wanted to show a picture of my last Apple Goody but the vultures were swooping in and I could hardly get to the stove to finish diner! I guess a real compliment to the chef is an empty dish.
This recipe comes from my husbands grandmother Alma Wozniak from Ord Nebraska. It is a classic apple crisp recipe and comes together fast and if you use slightly tart apples that dont turn to mush when cooked you too will have an Apple Goody!
- 3 cups of apples peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- heaping Tablespoon flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon and toss with apples. Place apples in 9 x 13 pan
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- In a bowl mix oatmeal ,brown sugar, flour, soda, baking powder, salt
- cut in butter
- sprinkle over apples
- bake at 350 about 1 hour or till top is browned .
- try to wait till it is cooled a bit to eat.